Harm Reduction Calendar
Appointments currently are REQUIRED for CHN Harm Reduction services in Knoxville.
On the calendar below, please click the day for which you’d like an appointment and follow the link to schedule. If you have questions or concerns, please call or text 865-208-7356 and someone from the Harm Reduction team will return your message within 24 hours Monday-Friday.
If you’re unable to view the calendar, click here.
About Our Harm Reduction Program
Choice Health Network’s Harm Reduction program uses practical strategies to reduce the negative consequences associated with drug use and improve an individual’s overall health and wellness. Our program staff have backgrounds in social work, public health, medicine, and public policy, and meet with individuals who use drugs in a safe, confidential environment with the goal of providing nonjudgmental care. Harm Reduction is an anonymous program; you don’t need to bring an ID or anything else when you come.
We now have online naloxone and fentanyl test strip reporting.
If and when you use these supplies, please click the button below to fill out our form. This helps us be able to continue offering naloxone, fentanyl test strips, and other supplies.
Thank you for taking the time to report back!
We now have Harm Reduction merch!
Our Harm Reduction program now has shirts and hoodies for sale! All proceeds benefit the program and help save lives. Click here to shop.
What is Harm Reduction?
Harm Reduction is a social justice philosophy built on a belief in, and respect for, people who use drugs. Harm Reduction programs strive to mitigate the real harms associated with drug use without stigmatizing or shaming the individual people who use drugs.
Harm Reduction Program Services Provided
- Syringe services program/needle exchange (SSP/SSE)
- Naloxone training and distribution
- Fentanyl test strip distribution
- Gender-affirming hormone therapy (GAHT/HRT) supplies
- HIV and Hepatitis C (HCV) rapid testing (through a finger stick)
- Confirmatory HCV testing (through a blood draw)
- Referrals to substance abuse treatment and support
- Resources and linkage to medical care
- Wound care
- Community outreach and education
Our Harm Reduction program works to create informative material to help the folks we serve.
- The Gender-Affirming Hormone Therapy Zine provides basic info on GAHT (aka HRT), answers some common questions about dosing/injecting/etc., and provides safer injection techniques.
- For information and options regarding drug use and pregnancy, check out our Harm Reduction + Pregnancy Zine. Check out the print version here if you’d like to print and hand it out as a booklet.
- For information about our experiences in beginning a harm reduction program with integrated testing, check out our guide to Starting a Harm Reduction Program in East Tennessee.
- Read an article co-authored by two of our Harm Reduction program team members about COVID-19 and Harm Reduction in the Mountain South.
Join our mailing list
To participate in or learn more about our Harm Reduction program, call or text our information line at:
Follow us on social media: