Our Choice Health Network medical clinic offers free HIV and Hepatitis C testing with results in just 20 minutes. We also offer free STI/STD testing* for anyone that is a Choice Health Network PrEP participant.
*STI/STD testing is not yet available at our Chattanooga location.
To get tested, or if you have any questions, please call (865) 525-1540.
What happens when I get tested?
- We currently only test for HIV and Hepatitis C (HCV).
- Testing appointments take approximately 30 minutes (results come back in 20 minutes).
- The rapid tests are a fingerstick and require a drop of blood.
- Rapid HIV tests show if you have antibodies – these appear within 3-4 weeks from exposure.
- Rapid HCV tests show if you have antibodies, which appear if you’ve ever been exposed to. Some people cure Hepatitis C on their own, so if you test positive on the rapid test you will need a blood draw to confirm your viral levels.
What happens if I test positive for HIV?
- Getting an HIV diagnosis can be life-changing, but today, HIV is extremely treatable.
- The first thing that happens if you test positive is a second fingerstick to confirm your status. After that, you’ll meet with a medical case manager who will help you navigate services and set you up with an appointment for HIV medication.
- PL & CHN can provide many resources for people living with HIV, including medical care, food, housing, and transportation assistance, and more.
What happens if I test positive for HCV?
- HCV can be cured in a few months with a simple pill regimen that is more effective and has fewer side effects than medication used in the past.
- The PL & CHN team will connect you with confirmatory testing to determine if you have the Hepatitis C virus, as well as a treatment provider if needed.
Schedule a Free Test
Please submit the form below and a Choice Health Network representative will contact you shortly to schedule your free test.