Housing with HOPWA
The Housing Opportunities for Persons With AIDS (HOPWA) program is the only
federal program dedicated to the housing needs of people living with HIV and AIDS.
Under the HOPWA program, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) makes grants to states, local communities and nonprofit organizations to support housing projects that benefit low-income individuals living with HIV/AIDS and their families.
In order to qualify, you must:
- Live in one of the eligible Tennessee counties: Anderson, Blount, Campbell, Claiborne, Cocke, Grainger, Hamblen, Jefferson, Knox, Loudon, Monroe, Morgan, Roane, Scott, Sevier, or Union.
- Be at or below 80% of the area median income.
- Be living with HIV/AIDS.
Housing Services Provided
- Rental Payment Assistance
- Utility Payment Assistance
- Mortgage Payment Assistance
- Rental/Utility Deposit Assistance
- Emergency Housing Assistance
A Choice Health Network representative will be in touch with you shortly.